The program for the Beach to Beach Ocean paddle is below. Please note that the location of the registration and Presentations will be at the Mooloolaba Surf Lifesaving Club. All paddlers must sign in at the registration desk and completewaiver and also check in at the race start point. The race start point will be depend on wind and weather conditions. Final details will be provided at the registration desk and posted to www.oceanpaddler.com.au and facebook after 7.30am..
Saturday 15th June
7::30-8:30am - Late registrations and all paddlers competiting sigh in and issued race numbers..
7:30am - Final course decided by race director and posted.
9:30am - Scrutineering and check in at starting point, Please bring your lifejacket and safety leash to checking to be checked
10:00am - Race briefing by race director
10:30am - Race Start - please note that this may vary.
2::00pm - Presentations will take place at Mooloolaba Surf Club after the event
3:00pm - Post results on webscore
Scrutineering of compulsory equipment (lifejackets and leashes) will take place at check in before the start of the race.
All competitors must ensure that their equipment passes scrutineering as outlined below.
By entering the Beach to Beach 22km Ocean Paddle race you agree to compete you must have:
- Ski jacket style PFD
- Outriggers, SUP, and Prone paddlers must wear inflatable bum bag type life jackets
- Single and double ski/ outrigger smoke flair or phone
- Oc6 outrigger mobile phone
- All craft must have a leash attached at all times, and a HIV shirt/singlet/ life jacket must be worn as mention above
Please note no first timers this is an open ocean race leaving or finishing at a surf beach your safety is our most importance and not taken lightly
Note ages is from the day registrations close
- Ski Open – Male and Female
- Ski Under 19 – Male and Female
- Ski Over 40 – Male and Female
- Ski Over 50 – Male and Female
- Ski Over 60 – Male
- SLSA Spec Ski’s – Male and Female
- OC1 – Male and Female
- Double Ocean Ski - Male and Female
- Mixed Double ski
- Mixed OC2
- SUP Open – Male and Female
- SUP Over 40 – Male and Female
- SUP Over 50 – Male
- SUP 14ft – Male
- Prone Open – Male and Female
- Prone Over 40 – Male
Start waves will be from the beach or ocean depending on the conditions:
The first wave to start will be the stock and unlimited prone paddlers, followed by all SUPs. and Outrigger boats.
Exact start time may vary for the first wave as we will try to wait for the best wind conditions.
Standard Entry - $45 per paddler
Double Ocean ski, OC2 teams - $80
OC6 Teams - $200
Late Entry after 13th Jun and on day ragistration - $55 per paddler